I have no idea what I'm doing, or how long I will keep this up, but here's to starting fresh. I've been wanting to get away from using my tumblr page, and to start using a more, how shall we say, long-written-post-friendly format. Nothing against you, tumblr gods, but I'm starting to feel like you're just not for me. So here goes.
Also, I feel like this would be a nice way for my close friends and family to read about/catch up/voyeur-ize the goings-on in my life now that I'm in a brand new city. I am so absolutely stoked to be living here....I feel like a kid in a candy store, except that the candy is good weather, awesome food, more local beers than I can shake a stick at, and a vibrant artistic community to fuel my creativity. What more could I ask for?
This has basically been my mood ever since I got here. Wheee!
Firstly, a little background info on me. That's me up there at the very top of the page (as well as the photo above), standing in the yard of my cute new casa. I took that photo, as well as many others that you will no doubt see throughout this blog. I am half Korean. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging, clever and silly web comics like this one and this one, and hand-written letters. I'm better one-on-one than in large groups, except when I'm hosting a party. Then it's on like this:
(taken at Oktoberfest in Munich last year. such a good time.)
This is my husband, aka the Mister.
He is charming and generous and a friend to everyone he meets. And he is utterly patient with me, such as in this photo, where I made him stand in an overgrown field so I could test the light for the photo I was about to take of us. He helps me lug around camera equipment, he insists on holding hands in public, and he is obviously way too good for me.
He even puts up with my crazy feline.
Her name is Cleo, but my husband likes to call her Bitch Cat. Which isn't totally untrue. This isn't even a recent photo of her, but it epitomizes her personality so well that I couldn't help myself. She is neurotic, attention-hungry, spastic, evil incarnate, and loves to snuggle on my lap. So basically your standard cat.
So the Mister, Bitch Cat, and I have recently journeyed from the land of Spain to here, San Diego, California. From the land of bullfighting, jamon iberico, and afternoon siestas to a city of Chargers fans, more IPA beers than I knew existed, and blessed sunny weather for most of the year. From this:
to this:
(image above is a print you can get here)
And where do we live on that map of typographic awesomeness? In the lovely little town of La Mesa. I'm not gonna lie, I still feel quite overwhelmed with everything, and it's going to be a long time before I don't feel like a tourist here. This is the biggest city I've ever lived in, so I'm going to take my time getting to know it.
San Diego, nice to meet you :]


You got here right when we're leaving! :( San Diego is pretty lovely though.
ReplyDelete