The past few days, I've been feeling re-invigorated, re-inspired, re-everything. And I feel like it's high time to make some new promises to myself. Set some new goals for the rest of this year, and to just treat myself better.
So I'm gonna type this out, in hopes that I can make it stick.
1. Surround myself with positive people. I think I do this pretty much all the time anyway, so that's a plus. Whiners, complainers, and people that play the victim all the time bum me out. And I don't like being bummed out. Not when there's so much to be grateful for, every single day.
2. Shoot more with digital. And film. Ever since I got an iPhone last year, it's been waaay too easy to whip that thing out and use it to document whatever I happen to be doing. So my poor DSLR and film cameras have practically been reduced to props in my house, only to be used for my personal photography work, or the occasional outing. Unacceptable.
I did take the photo above (at the Del Mar Fair) with my Diana Mini, which makes me happy. Overlapped exposures and light leaks are a few of my favorite things about film.
3. Cook at home more. And I'm only writing this because since the Mister is currently overseas for the next several months, my desire to cook meals for one has dropped drastically in the past month. Ugh. It's the worst. Maybe hosting some casual dinner nights with friends would help.
4. Say yes to more things. Especially when it comes to social outings. I'm not a homebody all the time, but when I get in those periods of staying in, it can go on for days at a time. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I hate the idea that I could be missing out on new opportunities. New friends. Perfect example: the Creative Connection meetup I posted about yesterday. If I hadn't signed up for that, I would've missed out on meeting some pretty rad ladies while hanging out poolside with a delicious drink in my hands.
5. Blog more. And not just the happy/pretty/good stuff in my life, but more of the stuff in between too. Just keep things real.

can I just say "ditto" to all of these goals? because, DITTO. and I love your photo from the fair! so fun!
ReplyDeleteawesome picture! i started a meet up that will be cancelled in December but until then all is well. Point is, the meet up is about taking pictures with any kind of camera but my focus in the beginning was toy cameras. I might keep it going if I get more members and get dues paid for but we'll see. I think I will host one more and see where everything goes from there.
ReplyDeleteoriginal point: love the picture, totally understand the goals!
thanks Kate!
ReplyDeleteand Corey, I'm pretty much always down for a photo meetup. I'd love to go to your next one :)
That right there is a good list :)
ReplyDelete